Charity Cycle Route Options 2017
Galway Blue Challenge 2017 will take place on Saturday 13th May & Sunday 14th May 2017 has been designed to cater for all abilities. There are 2 distances to choose from on Saturday; 110km and 70km for all abilities wanting to take part and raise some money for some worthwhile causes.
There are a number options for GBC 2017:
Two Day Galway Blue Challenges
- Challenge 1: 110km Cycle Sat & Climb Croagh Patrick-Overnight in Westport - Cycle 98km Sun.
- Challenge 2: 70km Cycle Sat & Climb Croagh Patrick-Overnight in Westport - Cycle 98km Sun.
One Day Galway Blue Challenges
- Challenge 3: 110km Cycle Sat & Climb Croagh Patrick-Return Cycle 110km Sat.
- Challenge 4: Climb Croagh Patrick only on Saturday
Saturday 13th May - Cycle Options:
Cycle Option 1: 110km Cycle Route (Dept 7:00am)
Start from Galway to Westport via Maam Cross, Leenaun, Louisburgh incorporating a Croagh Patrick Climb and short cycle to Hotel Westport for overnight stay. See 110km Route Map.
Cycle Option 2: 70km Cycle Route (Dept 8:00am):
Meeting in Leisureland, Salthill & gettting bus which departs at 8am to Maam Cross where this cycle begins to Westport via Leenaun, Louisburgh incorporating a Croagh Patrick Climb and short cycle to Hotel Westport for overnight stay. See 70km Route Map.
Overnight Stay: Hotel Westport.
After the cycle on Saturday from 7:00pm we will have a wonderful evening of entertainment with food provided in the Hotel Westport.
Sunday 14th May: Day Two. (Dept 11-15am)
Depart from Hotel Westport car park for return route via Leenane and Maam to Salthill Meet at Bushy Park Church (subject to change) to gather for group entry to Galway City and onwards to finish, Traffic Corps escort provided. See 97.8km.
- Participants for Galway Blue Challenge please note that check in this year is at Captains Deck, Leisure Land, Salthill on Friday 12th May 2017 between 4pm and 7pm.
- Bring bikes on Friday 12th May (if starting Maam Cross) . All participants bring overnight bag plus sponsorship cards & funds. [ €100 minimum to be raied by each participant ]
- At 7am Saturday morning 13th May all participants assemble at Leisureland and bring carrier bag & gear suitable for climbing Croagh Patrick.
- Cyclists starting at Galway departs at 7am approx. Everybody will leave together and cycle as a group to Maam Cross, led by Michael Staunton
- A bus will depart Leisureland at 8am for cyclists starting at Maam Cross.
The 2017 Galway Blue Challenge Jersey was an attractive jersey specially designed to mark our seventh croagh patrick challenge is availible for a nominal cost of €10 to 2017 participants & €25 to non -participants. Only those wishing to purchase this jersey should indicate size on the online registration form. [See sizing guide below] The jersey will be available for collection on Friday 12th May 2017 between 4pm and 7pm.. The 2017 jersey has full length zip and short sleeves.
Titan sports has been supplying clothing and medals to clubs and events for almost five years now. We understand the needs of the clubs and events and how best to serve these. This year we have also started providing race timing services thus now providing the full range of essential services clubs and events require. Visit http://www.titansports.ie/ for more information.
Address: Address: Titan Sports, 1st Floor offices, Hi Way Bar, Dooradoyle, Limerick, Ireland Sales: (0850 843 5225
This form is optional and can be to be completed in order to join Cycling Ireland 2017 for insurance purposes. Join Cycle Ireland.
This word document is the Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Imdemnification Agreement. Please print & return to the committee at registration. . Download Imdem Agremnt.
This 2017 Galway Blue Challenge document provides full details of collection of bikes/luggage/safety & fund raising. CPChallenge Itinerary. GBC2017_Itinerary